- We believe the Bible, both Old and New Testaments, to be the verbally-inspired, infallible Word of God and the final authority for faith and conduct.
- We believe in one God, creator of all things, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God as revealed in Scriptures, by His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His death on the cross, His bodily resurrection from the dead, and His position at the right hand of the Father.
- We believe that man was created good and upright in the image of God. However, man willfully sinned and was subjected not only to physical death, but also to spiritual death, which is separation from God.
- We believe that man’s only hope for redemption is through the shed blood of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. Salvation is received through repentance toward God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, to convict, regenerate, indwell, instruct, and give power to the Christian to witness by his life and words.
- We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Gen. 1:26-27). Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
- We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning; the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Gen. 2:18-25). We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other (1Cor. 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb. 13:4). We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman.
- We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, and use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God (Mt. 15:18-20; 1 Cor. 6:9-10).
- We believe that in order to preserve the function and integrity of Cornerstone Church Fox Valley as the local Body of Christ, and to provide a biblical role model to the Cornerstone Church Fox Valley members and the community, it is imperative that all persons employed by Cornerstone Church Fox Valley in any capacity, or who serve as volunteers, agree to and abide by this statement of marriage, gender, and sexuality (Mt. 5:16; Phil. 2:14-16; 1 Thess. 5:22).
- We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity (Mk. 12:28-31; Lk. 6:31). Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the doctrines of Cornerstone Church Fox Valley.
- We believe all Christians are entitled to and should seek the baptism in the Holy Spirit, which is commonly evidenced by the initial physical sign of speaking with other tongues.
- We believe that the ordinance of baptism by immersion in water is commanded of all who repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. It represents having died with Christ and being raised with Him to walk in newness of life.
- We believe the ordinance of the Lord’s Supper to be a memorial of Christ’s suffering and death and a prophecy of His second coming. It is commanded to do this until He comes.
- We believe sanctification by the power of the Holy Spirit to be an ongoing process of separation from sin and dedication to living a holy life unto God.
- We believe that the church is the body of Christ with a divinely-called ministry. Its purpose is to worship God, encourage believers to grow into the likeness of Christ, and evangelize the world by equipping the saints for the work of service.
- We believe that the redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides healing of the human body in answer to believing prayer.
- We believe that the blessed hope of the Church is Christ’s return from heaven to catch up the Christians who have died, together with those who are alive, to be with Him forever.
- We believe that Christ will return with His saints to establish a thousand-year reign of peace. After this will come the final judgment of the wicked and then a new heaven and a new earth.
Jesus-Centered, People Focused
Being in Authentic Relationships
For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in the statement, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Galatians 5:13-14
But whoever has the world’s goods, and sees his brother in need and closes his heart against him, how does the love of God abide in him? Little children, let us not love with word or with tongue, but in deed and truth. 1 John 3:17-18
Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus. Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:12-14